Kilimo Minnesota’s farmer training is a 3 to 5 year mentorship program that gives emerging farmers an opportunity to learn farming techniques and business skills in a new environment and culture. In this hands-on program, farmers work alongside seasoned farmers, owners of Dawn2Dusk Farm, cultivating organic vegetables in Cambridge and Lino Lakes, Minnesota.
- ¼ acre certified organic farm plot (with option to increase plot size)
- Access to farm infrastructure, including: irrigation, deer fence, mechanical tilling and cold storage
- Product marketing, sales and delivery
- Weekly group meetings with other beginning farmers and Dawn2Dusk farmers for troubleshooting and community building
- Structured lessons focused on business and production
- Tours of local farms and other networking opportunities
- One-on-one business planning (beginning 2nd year) focused on record keeping and financial management.
This program is designed for emerging farmers mostly from Africa, eager to learn how to farm in Minnesota. If you are interested in participating in the farmer training program, email Moses Momanyi at firstname.lastname@example.org.